Plan Your Visit
Visitor restrictions for Covid-19
To all Visitors,
In order to protect our patients and healthcare providers from COVID-19, Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur is adopting a restrictive visitor policy :
- Please be inform only 2 visitors are allowed to visit patients in medical wards, surgical wards, ICU, CCU and HDU.
- The hospital only allows one caregiver or birth partner (for child delivery) to accompany the patient in the wards.
- Please be informed visitors are strictly not allowed to visit patients in COVID-19Wards or ICU section for COVID-19 patients
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed to visit patients in ward.
We regret the inconvenience to you and your families but Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur is committed to ensuring the safety of everyone against COVID-19.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
General Ward: 9.00am to 9.00pm
Intensive Care Unit (ICU) / Coronary Care Unit (CCU) / High Dependency Units (HDU) / Paediatric Ward:
12.00pm - 2.00pm (1st Session) & 5.00pm - 8.00pm (Second Session)
|Monday – Sunday: No Visitor|
Visitor restrictions for Covid-19
To ensure the safety of our patients and healthcare providers, Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur has revised the visitor policy as outlined above. Please note the following terms and conditions:
- A maximum of two (2) visitors are allowed at any one time for patients in shared rooms, paediatric wards, ICU, and HDU during visiting hours.
- Only visitors aged 12 and above are allowed to visit patients.
- Children under 12 years old are not encouraged to visit the patients in the wards.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Visitors to Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur (GKL) may park their cars at the six-storey covered car park of the hospital Block A and a three-storey basement parking at Block B. Open car parks are also available in the premises.
2) Car Park Lift Lobby 2: Level B1
• Pay Machine is located near parking entrance.
on Monday to Friday and (9:00am to 1:00pm) on Saturday.
Block A: Concierge Counter, Main Lobby Entrance, Ground Level.
Valet parking service is available at the main entrance of Block A & Block B. The charges are RM25 per entry per day.
YOUR OUTPATIENT VISIT JOURNEY
• Proceed to the counters below for registration:
|1||Corporate Services Counter||Ground Level||Medical Consultation Suites (MCS)||For patients with GL only|
|2||Individual Specialists Clinic||Level 1 to Level 7||Medical Consultation Suites (MCS)||For cash-paying patients only|
|3||Accident & Emergency||Ground Level||Block A||For both GL and cash-paying patients|
|4||Outpatient Clinics||Level 8||Medical Consultation Suites (MCS)|
|5||Outpatient Clinics||Level 6||Block B|
|6||Outpatient Clinics||Level 8||Block B|
- Identification Card and/or Passport
- Referral Documents e.g doctor’s referral letter, previous medical reports, X-Ray films etc
- Guarantee Letters (if any) from your insurance provider
Payment can be done at either one of the cashier locations above (without medication) or our Pharmacies at below locations (with medication).
|1||Retail Pharmacy I||Ground Level||Medical Consultation Suites (MCS)|
|2||Retail Pharmacy II||Level 1||Block B|
YOUR ADMISSION JOURNEY
1. Before Admission
Upon consultation with your doctor, you will be advised if you require admission.
You are encouraged to pre-register yourself at least 3 days before the day of your admission at the Admission Counter located at the main lobby of Block A, Ground Level.
This will expedite your admission to the ward when you arrive on the day of your admission.
You may proceed to Admission Counter at the main lobby of Block A, Ground Level.
Our staff at the counter will take note of your admission requirements. She/he will request for your NRIC or Passport, Insurance Card (if required) and room preference. Your next stop would be registration. You may be required to wait while we prepare your room.
After the admission process, you will be required to register.
Our registration personnel will explain on the conditions of service, insurance matters and other requirements. A patient ID band with your information will be placed on your wrist for the duration of your hospitalisation.
4. Waiting for Insurance Claims Approval
Should you utilise your insurance card for an insurance claim, admission to the ward will only be carried out upon receipt
of the Initial Guarantee Letter (IGL) from
your insurance company.
Should you decide not to wait for the IGL, you may proceed to pay the required deposit which will be refunded upon receipt of your IGL.
If you have pre-registered before admission day, you will not be required to wait for your IGL.
Should you need to pay a deposit, you will be
shown to the Cashier Counter. Our cashier will assist you with your payment.
6. Porter Escort
A porter will escort you to the ward where
our nurses will look after you and all aspects of your care during hospitalisation.
You will be kept updated on your hospital bill should your interim bill exceed your deposits.
Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
• Prescribe your discharge medication
• Arrange follow up appointments with you and/or next of kin
• Dispense take home medication at your bedside
• Guide you or next of kin to proceed to the Discharge Lounge for payment of hospital bill
• Explain final bill and insurance coverage (where relevant) before you or next of kin make payment (if required)
• Make arrangement with concierge should you need assistance with luggage or wheelchair
• Ready for your journey home
Please allow 2 ½ hours duration for self-pay discharge and 3 ½ hours duration for discharge under insurance or corporate guarantees. We accept payments in cash, credit card or bank draft.
Affiliated International Health and Medical Insurance
List of insurance companies that Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur accepts:
|Alphabet list||Insurance Companies|
|A||AIA||Allianz Life Insurance||Asia Assistance Network||AXA Affin Life Insurance|
|E||e-Mas||Etiqa Life Insurance||Etiqa Takaful Berhad|
|G||Great Eastern Life Insurance|
|H||Health Connect||HealthMetrics||Hong Leong MSIG Insurance|
|I||Integrated Health Plans Sdn Bhd (IHP)|
|P||PM Care||PraAssist||Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad||Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad|
|T||Tejani Emergency Assistance||Tokio Marine Life Insurance|
|Z||Zurich Insurance Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad|
If you plan to seek health and medical care at Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur via the coverage of your insurance policies, please contact your insurance representative to request for a valid Guarantee Letter (GL) addressed to:
Insurance Services Desk;
Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur
282 & 286,
50450 Kuala Lumpur,
Types of Rooms
At Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur, medical care is top-notch, hotel-grade rooms are cheery and food tasty, healthy and Halal. Your stay here will almost be a home away from home but equipped with medical expertise, attention and facilities. With over 370 rooms, choose from a Presidential suite to a variety of suites, single, double and quad-sharing rooms. Whatever you choose, receive six complimentary meals (3 main and 3 snacks) readily included in your rates. All food served is prepared Halal.