The Accident & Emergency Unit at Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur is well-equipped to handle any injury or medical emergency around the clock every day. At the accident and emergency department we have a dedicated team of doctors and nurses who are specially trained for emergency situations and they will evaluate the situation immediately using the triage method. The most severe cases with life-threatening conditions will be our top most priority, while the rest may need a 30-minute wait, depending on the number of patients at the A&E.
In addition to having a team of emergency specialists assessing and managing your case, a multidisciplinary team of specialists and surgeons are also on call to attend to complex medical conditions.
Our Accident and Emergency department uses the 5 Level Triage System to sort patients into categories according the medical urgency. At our accident and emergency department:
An overview of three category triage acuity systems:
Require immediate life or limb saving intervention
- Cardiopulmonary arrest, severe respiratory distress, unresponsive collapsed patient
- Severe arrhythmias with signs of hypoperfusion and hypotension
- Severe trauma related patient
- Acute Stroke
Requires urgent intervention
- Altered conscious level, severe head injury
- Fractures of long bones of lower limbs/pelvis etc.
- Open fractures
- Major bleeding
- Severe dehydration
- Severe Pain (Chest or Abdomen)
- Pregnancy related problems
Less urgent intervention
- Respiratory infections
- Gastrointestinal infections
- Urinary/ Genital infections
- Minor soft tissue injuries or infections
- Eyes, Ears, Nose, Face injuries or infections
- Minor Trauma (short/small bone fractures/ dislocations)