This medical specialty manages all traumas and diseases affecting the hand, wrist, shoulder and upper limbs that affect hand function. For more cases serious and delicate cases, microsurgical reconstructions can be performed as well as post-surgery rehabilitation.
Treatment depends on the type, location and severity of the injury. In Gleneagles, our accredited hand and microsurgery specialists are experienced and skilled in specific therapeutic procedures, including
• Therapeutic ultrasound
• Electical stimulation (TENS and EMS)
• Splinting and pressure garment fabrication
You may rest assured that your care is in good hands as our specialists are at the forefront of training, bringing together advanced care practices and outstanding outcomes to you.
Conditions That May Require Hand and Microsurgery
• Fractures - Finger, hand, wrist and elbow
• Arthirtis - Finger, hand, wrist and shoulder
• Sport and nerve injuries
• Carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, Tennis elbow, Golfer's Elbow
• Cogenital deformities of the upper limbs