Gleneagles Hospital, home to some of the best oncologists in Kuala Lumpur, has medical oncology specialist clinics that provide a holistic approach in assisting and advising patients on the various aspects related to cancer care from cancer treatment options to its side effects as well as pre- and post-treatment lifestyle changes and care.
At Gleneagles Hospitals, we empathise with our patients and aim to deliver nothing short of the highest standards of medical services and care. It is our goal to ensure that every patient has a pleasant experience and strive to meet their individual needs throughout their treatment stay. Patients and their families are also given clear explanations in respect to the diagnosis of their medical problem and the available cancer treatment options to help them make the best educated decision.
Cancer Treatment Specialists at Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur
At Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur, the team of experienced and skilled oncologists comprises of:
- Medical oncologist: Treats cancers using drugs, for example chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy.
- Clinical oncologist: Treats cancer using drugs and radiation therapy.
- Surgical oncologist: Uses surgical procedure to remove tumours.
- Gynaecology oncologist: Treats gynaecological cancers. Read more about gynae-oncology here.
- Haematology oncologist: Treats blood cancers. Read more about haemato-oncology here.
You may rest assured that your care is in good hands as the oncologists at Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur are at the forefront of training, bringing together advanced care practices and outstanding outcomes for you.
Early Detection and Prevention for Cancer Treatment
Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur oncology clinics offer a comprehensive examination of patients, including cancer screening, and can be carried out in our Health Screening Centre on the Ground Floor of the Medical Suite Building.
We also offer individualised consultations provided by a competent multi-disciplinary team of oncology doctors, nurses, dieticians, etc.
Each individual health programme we offer focuses on identifying risk factors for both men, women and senior citizens that may be potentially detrimental to their health.
As part of the Gleneagles Hospitals' medical team, our goal is to live up to our image as the leading healthcare provider in the region. Our medical centre constantly improves its facilities, standards, and technology, enabling us to better serve all of our patients. Gleneagles Hospitals take pride in bringing together a team of medical experts and state-of-the-art medical equipment ready to serve all who come through our doors.
Types of Cancer Treatment Available at Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur
Various cancer treatment options are available in Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur to manage cancer tumours. The top oncologists in the region will prescribe the best treatment to suit you.
This cancer treatment might include:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy treatment is used either orally or through intravenous drugs.
- Radiotherapy: Radiotherapy uses high doses of energy rays to kill cancer cells or shrink tumours.
- Surgical process: Surgical process to remove the tumour as a whole or in small masses can be done depending on the size and location in the brain.
- Targeted therapy: Targeted drug therapy includes drugs that specifically target abnormal tumour growth.