Gleneagles Hospital Kota Kinabalu is dedicated to providing you and your loved ones with exceptional care for eye-related diagnosis and treatment. In addition to providing our patients with high-quality services and clinical care, we also give them access to the most advanced medical technology and the greatest diagnostic equipment available.
Our dedicated team and excellent facilities ensure you will receive quality care, as we treat and manage various eye conditions and diseases in both adults and children. Our Eye Specialist Clinic aims to provide:
- Comprehensive eye assessment and screening services for all ophthalmic patients.
- Scheduled annual eye examinations.
- Health education (pre and post) for all patients undergoing surgery or procedures.
- A comprehensive treatment plan which will be implemented according to each individual patient’s needs.
Pre-operation LASIK Surgery
At Gleneagles Hospital Kota Kinabalu, your doctor will first perform a series of eye exams in order to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure. Prior to surgery, we advise you to stop using makeup, perfume or lotion at least one day before in order to minimise the risk of infection.
- Firstly, anaesthesia in the form of eye drops will be administered to numb your eyes and ink marks will be placed by your surgeon to indicate where the corneal flap will be cut.
- Then, an eye retainer will be placed over your eyelids in order to keep them open while a suction ring will be used to hold your eye still and create enough pressure to firm it up for laser cutting.
- Next, a femtosecond laser will be used to create a corneal flap in order to expose the inner corneal tissue, and an excimer laser removes said tissue to properly reshape the cornea. The outer corneal flap is then replaced.
Your vision will remain blurry the first few minutes after the procedure and a check-up will be scheduled in the first 24 hours. Patients can expect to experience clear vision within 24 hours after the surgery.
For appointment and inquiries, contact us at:
- +6 088 518 888 (General Line)
- +6 088 518 911 (Emergency)