Body Composition Analysis (BCA)
What Is Body Composition?
Body composition is a method of breaking down the body into its core components: fat, protein, minerals, and body water. It describes bodyweight more accurately and provides a better glimpse into your overall health compared to traditional methods. Body composition analysis can accurately show changes in fat mass, muscle mass, and body fat percentage.
Why Is Body Composition Important To Measure?
Most diet and fitness goals focus on weight loss or gain, overlooking that two people of the same sex and body weight may look completely different from each other because they have a different body composition. Body composition describes the amount of fat, bone, water, and muscle in the body. Measuring your body composition will tell you your own body’s unique makeup and help you identify areas to work on to improve your overall health and wellness.
Why You Need To Understand Your Weight In Terms Of Muscle And Fat?
You may be aware of the healthy weight ranges, but how do you get there? If you only focus on losing weight, you may end up losing muscle mass and eventually sabotage your efforts. By differentiating between muscle and fat, body composition removes the guesswork of determining what your weight fluctuations mean, be it muscle gain, fat loss, or anything in between.
Whatever your goals may be, an important thing to keep in mind during your health journey is there’s more to being healthy than looking thin.
What Are The Benefits Of Body Composition?
1. Finding your baseline so you can know what you need to lose, gain, or maintain
2. Assessing your Percent Body Fat so you can focus on fat loss, not just weight loss
3. Maximizing your workout routine to fit your unique health and fitness goals
4. Calculating your caloric needs and creating a personalized nutrition plan
5. Setting realistic goals, accurately monitoring progress, and staying motivated
6. Making more informed decisions to improve your body composition
Why Is Body Composition Analysis (BCA) An Effective Tool For Diabetes Programs?
Disclaimer: InBody devices should be used as an adjunct tool for clinical decision making and are not intended to diagnose or treat any diseases.
Studies have proved InBody DSM-BIA body composition analyzers are an effective tool for managing patients’ diabetic risks and symptoms. InBody products do not rely on empirical data, therefore, medical professionals can be certain the outputs generated by the device accurately reflect changes happening in the patient.
In less than 60 seconds, an InBody Test provides a comprehensive Result Sheet to help professionals:
- Obtain objective measurements of muscle, fat, and visceral fat to assess disease risk and obesity
- Detect fluid imbalances resulting from inflammation
- Monitor outcomes of interventions aimed to improve glycemic control and prevent worsening of complications related to diabetes
For more information, click here